1508) Earlier this summer, my parents set up an appointment at Johns Hobkins to get a serious assessment of my gender dysphoria issues. It’s not until late October. Late. Fucking. October. And even after I do that bullshit to confirm in their minds that this is real, I’m probably still going to have to wait a couple more months to get on hormones. Fuck my life.
14 Notes/ Hide
- melancholynecrokiss said: I’d stay away from John Hopkins, I’ve heard of many recent horror stories there where people ran into gate-keeping or they tried flat-out to convince people they weren’t trans. The place is terrible.
- nicbravo likes this
- boyzwillbegirlz reblogged this from fuckyeahmtfsofcolor
- camel-endzone likes this
- fuckyeahmtfsofcolor reblogged this from beyondthebinary and added:
- boyzwillbegirlz likes this
- beyondthebinary reblogged this from mtfconfessions and added:
- demigirl-former-robot said: Wait, John Hopkins. I sure hope they have changed a lot since, well their original dropping of transgender care a long while back really screwed the trans* community in the US because then that prompted many others to follow suit.
- age-of-eros likes this
- annyeongitsalanna said: It took about 3 months of psychotherapy and 3 months of group therapy before I could get referred. I did it all at the same time to get it done as quickly as possible XD
- lilypadjames said: in the UK you have to wait about a year or so until you can even be referred to a gender identity clinic. Then you might have to do a year of “Real Life Experience” dressing as your desired gender, with absolutely no HRT.
- harley-ambiguous said: Patience young one. I understand your frustration, but it’ll all happen in time. I know I was in such a hurry, but we’re so lucky to even be able to start this early compared to those starting well after their 40’s and 50’s.
- mtfconfessions posted this